PCJSL Vice President
Red Card Suspensions:
Please refer to the PCJSL Administrator Handbook for the latest D & R information.
Be advised, games not served during the present PCJSL season, carry over into next season
|9/24/22||986363||U17B||FCTY 06B Nogales||Language||1 Game||NA|
|3/23/22||4218425||U14B||Vail SC 08B||Dbl Yellow||1 Game||NA|
|2/26/22||3269123||U17B||05/06B CAC||Dbl Yellow||1 Game||NA|
|2/26/22||3767695||U16B||RSL-AZ SA 07B||Dbl Yellow||1 Game||NA|
|2/12/22||Coach Tyler McKendrick||U10||FCTY 12G WEST 2G||Dbl Yellow (1+1)||2 Games||NA|
|12/11/21||3547412 Coach Jimenez||U12||Spartans FC Tuzos Galaxy 08G||Dbl Yellow (1+1)||2 Games||NA|
|11/13/21||5865888||U12B||Renegade Sharks||Offensive Language||1 Games||NA|
|11/13/21||Coach Ryan Tubaugh Dissent||U10 Boys||CDO||(1 & 1)||2 Games||NA|
|10/16/21||2606153||U15 15B Quiroa||RSL-AZ||Racially Insensitive Language||3 Games||NA|
|10/09/21||3427577||U19 Boys CAC||Coronado Athletic||Serious Foul Play||2 Games||NA|
|09/25/21||67072||U16 Boys 06 OV||FC Tucson||2 Cautions||1 Game||NA|
|05/15/21||2018-0807-8845-9094||U16B 05B Blue ManCity||Renegades||Dbl Yellow Language (not at official)||1 Game||NA|
|05/08/21||11748926||U18B Rayados||TMSFC||Dbl Yellow||1 Game||NA|
|05/08/21||Coach Andrew Gist||U14G O7G||CDO||Directed Language||4 Games (3+1)||NA|
|05/08/21||13207787||U18B 03 Spartans||FC Sonora||Dbl Yellow||1 Game||NA|
|05/01/21||11451517||U12B O9 Rayados||TMSFC||Dbl Yellow||1 Game||NA|
|04/24/21||Mr. Gallegos (Parent)||O8G SASC||Cardinals Marana||Directed Language at official||4 Games (3+1)||NA|
|04/17/21||Coach Josh Burton||U19 02G Panthers||FC Sonora||Foul and Abusive Language Directed at Official||4 Games||NA|
|04/17/21||13212121||U19B 02/03 Real||Freedom SC||Directed language at official||3 Games||NA|
|11/7/20||13200844||06B Miranda||RSL AZ , SA||Language at other than match officials||1 game||NA|
|11/7/20||2018070399645431||06B||CDO||2 Cautions||1 game||NA|
|10/24/20||201071553572165||Atletico Tucson 08B||Renegades||Dbl Yellow||1 game||NA|
|10/10/20||8974694||U17B 04B||CDO||Language/Directed||3 games||NA|
|10/3/20||2018 0817 9905 9816||U15B Red||FC Tucson||Violent Conduct||3 games||NA|
|9/26/20||9407714||U19B||Coronado Athletic||Dbl Yellow||1 game||NA|
|9/26/2020||12652158||Academy 03B||Spartans FC||SFP||2 games||NA|
|9/26/20||2018-0707-8940-9598||03 Spartans||FC Sonora||2 Cautions||1 game||NA|
|2/29/20||Parent Gabe Gonzales||U12B 08 White||Renegade||Non-directed language at official||(1 + 1) 2 games||NA|
|2/1/20||Coach Jason Portz||Renegade Sharks10B||Renegade||Directed language at official||4 games (3+1)||NA|
|SFP||Serious Foul Play|
|DOGSO-H||Denies Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity by Handling the ball|
|DOGSO-F||Denies Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity by Fouling|
|S||Spits at anyone|
|L||Language – uses offensive, insulting language|
|DY||Double Yellow – receives 2nd caution in same game|
PCJSL Discipline and Review Committee (D & R)
Duties and Powers
The D & R Committee shall have the following powers and duties:A. To conduct investigations of all grievances and protests coming to the League.B. To conduct hearings of all protests and grievances and to take evidence at such hearings.C. To render and enforce decisions on all protests and grievances which have been investigated and heard by the Committee subject to these Bylaws and such rules and regulations as may from time to time be promulgated by the Board of Directors of the League.
D. The Chairman of the Committee may remand any D&R protest or grievance to a full hearing by PCJSL board of Directors as deemed necessary.
D & R Procedures
1. The D & R Committee meets as needed. Red cards (Referee Misconduct Reports) are received by the committee chairperson who determines a suspension based on the “Standard Red Card Suspensions” as recommended by the State D&R. Issues other than the standard as listed are referred to a minimum of three members of the committee for adjudication. Coaches/players/witnesses may submit information to the committee immediately after the incident leading to the red card to help the committee make a fair decision. If no other information is received the committee will read the referee report, interview the referee if further explanation is needed, and make their decision. Decisions will be posted on the D&R Section of the PCJSL web site.
2. Be advised any red card automatically results in a minimum of a one game suspension. If the eviction was of a coach, administrator, or parent, the minimum is a two game suspension. The issue of the eviction is not appealable, unless the basis is that the eviction was of the wrong person.
3. The team/club is responsible to insure the person evicted does not participate in the proper number of games pursuant to the listed punishment, and a “Suspension Fulfillment Form” is provided to the D&R Committee upon completion. At that time the player card will be returned to the club/team.
4. If a team is scheduled to go to a tournament, the red card suspension will be served in the tournament, the team may make arrangements to receive the player card prior to the suspension being served, with the understanding that the “Suspension Fulfillment Form” showing the player sat out the proper number of games of his/her punishment be returned to the D&R chairperson within 48 hours after the tournament ends.
5. Be advised tournaments are not under the jurisdiction of the PCJSL D&R Committee, so cards received during a tournament are dealt with by the individual tournament.
6. The D & R Committee, individually and as a committee, in their ordinary review of issues brought before them, may uncover violations of league (PCJSL, AYSA, USYSA) rules. Once before them, they cannot be ignored, and will be acted upon.
7. Depending on the severity of the offense, any coach or team official, involved with more than one team, who is suspended, may be suspended from any and all teams with which the individual is involved(has an AYSA card for), until the suspension is served for the team from which the suspension resulted. The offenses may include, but are not limited to, violent conduct, referee assault, and multiple violations in the same season, et al.
8. In all cases whereby teams were found to have played “illegal” or “ineligible” players, and in cases of violations of the PCJSL loan player policy, besides the standard “red card” suspensions, a 3/0 forfeit will be awarded. At the total expense of the offending party, and with the agreement of the opponent, the game may be replayed in its entirety, with that result becoming the official score.
9. In all situations not directly addressed by these rules, the “Committee” shall determine compliance and fairness to all parties involved.
All protests of grievances shall be submitted in writing to the Chairman of the Grievance Committee accompanied by a protest fee of $25.00. Such protests shall be postmarked no later than ten (10) days after the action or game being protested occurred and shall be sent by first class mail, postage prepaid. In computing the time for submitting such protest or grievance, the date upon which the action or game occurred shall not be counted.
Any person, club, team or other member of the League who has been the subject of a disciplinary proceeding may appeal any decision of the D & R Committee. Any person desiring to appeal to the Board of Directors shall do so by written notice to the President of the Board and the chairman of the committee within fifteen (15) days after receipt of the decision of the Committee. A copy of such notice shall also be served upon the Chairman of the Committee. Upon receipt of the notice of appeal, the Chairman of the Committee shall forward to the President of the League the record of the proceedings out of which the appeal arose, together with all other evidence presented to the Committee in the case being appealed. Any further appeals of the case beyond the Board of Directors of the League shall by following the procedures as set forth by AYSA and in accordance with the rules and regulations provided by AYSA and its governing bodies. The procedure to be followed for appealing beyond the Board of Directors of the League shall be those promulgated by the applicable association to which such appeal is being taken.
1. The Role of Parents in Sports — excellent, brief, free online seminar: http://nfhslearn.com/electiveDetail.aspx?courseID=18000
2. Online course about how to be a better sports parent: http://www.positivecoach.org/our-work/online-courses/
Watch video here: http://www.positivecoach.org/our-work/online-courses/second-goal-parent-developing-winners-in-life-through-sport/
3. Five Signs of a Nightmare Sports Parent: http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/more-family-fun/201202/what-makes-nightmare-sports-parent
4. What Parents Should Say as Their Kids Perform: http://growingleaders.com/blog/what-parents-should-say-as-their-kids-perform/
5. 10 Things Soccer Parents Should Know
Wall Street Journal
May 25, 2012
6. Arizona Youth Soccer Association bylaw on behavior:
“Coaches and other team officials shall be subject to all rules pertaining to misconduct contained herein, including cautions, ejections and standard suspensions. Any other individual who may be reasonably construed as being associated with a team, such as relatives and spectators, shall also be subject to the jurisdiction and authority of the Association. Any coach or team official shall be held responsible for the actions of any individual(s) at any match that, in the opinion of the referee, is a supporter of that team.”
7. PCJSL follows AYSA Red Card Procedures when suspending players and Administrators. (link here, AYSA Red Card Procedures, page 44.).