D & R
PCJSL Vice President
Red Card Suspensions:
Please fill out the PCJSL Referee Send Off Report (found at PCJSL Referee Page) and mail the offender’s player card and original game card to:
PCJSL D & R c/o Detlef Lange
4471 N Cerritos Drive
Tucson, AZ 85745-9557
Forms can also be faxed to (520) 743-9967
To Fulfill Your Suspension, a Suspension Fulfillment Form may be mailed to PCJSL D & R c/o Detlef Lange , 4471 N Cerritos Drive, Tucson, AZ 85745-9557, Forms can also be faxed to (520) 743 9967. Include your mailing address, and the player/admin card will be mailed to you. Please give enough time if you expect the return of the card timely in order for the person to participate at the next scheduled play date.
When a coach, assistant coach, administrator, spectator or player is given a suspension for a red card or ejection from the field, a Suspension Fulfillment Form (available at www.pcjsl.com under forms) must be completed and signed by the referees officiating at the game(s) where they are “sitting out.” Coaches, assistant coaches and administrators may not participate in any manner, including cell phones. Any person serving a red card should not sit in the immediate vicinity of the team and/or its spectators although they may be at the park. A team administrator is responsible for having the Suspension Fulfillment Form signed by the referees. A player shall serve his/her game suspension(s) with the team to which they are officially rostered with AYSA. If the player is multiple rostered, the suspension shall be served on his/her primary team. Red card sanctions received in PCJSL games must be served in PCJSL games except when the misconduct is referred to AYSA then AYSA will determine the sanction. Forms are available on the Forms page of the PCJSL web site.
|03/22/2017||9120178||U19B Renegades USA98Boys||Renegades||Lying to League Officials||Suspension for remainder of 16/17 season||NA|
|03/17/2017||Coach Jesus Santillan||U15B Renegades Barcelona||Renegades||Use of an Illegal Player||1 Year Suspension from all Club soccer activities. Effective until 3/17/2018||NA|
|03/01/2017||Coach Carlos Vergara||U14B Freedom Pachukaz||Freedom||Language||1+1(2 game days)||NA|
|02/25/2017||Coach Ernesto Guerra||U11B TSA06Nogales||TSA||Non directed Language/Dissent||2+1(3 game days)||NA|
|02/4/2017||Coach Luis Gutierrez||U11G 06 Cardinals White||SASC||Offensive, insulting and abusive language||3 +1(4 games)||NA|
|01/28/2017||Parent (name being investigated)||13B Barcelona||Renegades||Directed Language, Disruptive presence||3 +1(4 games)||NA|
|12/03/2016||7681108||13B Revolution 04||Sierra Vista SC||Language,non-directed||1 Game||NA|
|11/12/2016||9112930||13B Barcelona 05B||Renegades SC||Violent Conduct||3 Games||NA|
|11/12/2016||8097032||13B 04 Spartans||Freedom SC||Violent Conduct||3 Games||NA|
|11/12/2016||3946926||18B 99Gold||CDO||2CT||1 Game||NA|
|11/12/2016||6610470||18B TM 99 Thundercats Milan Red||Fort Lowell||DOGSO-Handling||1 Game||NA|
|11/5/2016||9112930||16B TM Rayados 01 Blue||Fort Lowell||Violent Conduct||3 Games||NA|
|11/5/2016||8883098||16B Renegades Barcelona 01B||Renegades||2Ct Second red card in season||2 Games||NA|
|11/5/2016||Coach Jerome Briggs||12G TSA Mercury||TSA||Dissent, Additional Dissent After Removal||3 Game Days||NA|
|11/5/2016||Parent(not yet identified)||12G TSA Mercury||TSA||Dissent , Refusal to leave resulting in cancellation of game||3 Game Days||NA|
|11/5/2016||Jersey 31||17B 00 Boys White||TVSC||2 CT||1 Game||NA|
|11/5/2016||Jersey 10||17B 00 Chivas||Fort Lowell||2 CT||1 Game||NA|
|10/29/2016||4594455||U19M 98Boys Blue||TVSC||2 CT||1 game||NA|
|10/29/2016||Parent Luis Aries||Tucson Aztecs 01 Red||Tucson Aztecs||Cursing at Official, Refusing to leave field area||6 Game Days||NA|
|10/29/2016||Parent Mr Hernandez||U16M TM Rayados 01 Blue||Fort Lowell||Entering field without permission, refusal to leave field area||4 Game Days||NA|
|10/29/2016||5525193||U17M TM 00 Thundercats Milan||Fort Lowell||DOGSO-Handling||1 game||NA|
|10/29/2016||9120170||U19M USA98B||Renegades||2 Ct||1 game||NA|
|10/29/2016||4594455||U15M 02 Boys White||TVSC||V C||3 games||NA|
|10/8/2016||Coach Walter Sanchez||TVSC||TVSC||Use of Illegal Player||3 Game Days||NA|
|10/8/2016||Coach Jose Miranda||TVSC||TVSC||Use of Illegal Player||1 Game Day||NA|
|10/1/2016||5473763||15UB 02 Thundercats Milan||Fort Lowell||Dbl Yellow||1 Game||Served 10/22|
|10/1/2016||9070830||00CHivas||Fort Lowell||Dbl Yellow||1 Game||Served 10/15|
|10/1/2016||7603559||Revolution01||Sierra Vista||Dbl Yellow||1 Game||Served 10/8|
|10/1/2016||8985151||01 Boys Chelsea White||Sereno Nogales||Head Injury Protocol||TBD||Released 10/14|
|10/1/2016||57206400||01 Boys Chelsea White||Sereno Nogales||Dbl Yellow||1 Game||NA|
|9/17/2016||8883098||U16B Barcelona 01||Renegades||Dbl Yellow||1 Game||Served 10/1|
|9/17/2016||5128337||U15G TSA 02 Blue||TSA||Head Injury Protocol||TBD||NA|
|9/17/2016||5344629||U18B 99 CDO Gold||CDO||Dbl Yellow||1 Games||Served 10/1|
|9/17/2016||4795804||U18B 99 CDO Gold||CDO||Dbl Yellow||1 Games||Served 10/1|
|9/10/2016||9123482||U19B 98 Spartans||Freedom||SFP||2 Games||Served 9/17 and 10/8|
|9/10/2016||6973733||U18B Argentina||Renegades||Dbl Yellow||1 Game||Served 10/1|
|4/16/2016||8284453||Spartans||Freedom||Language Directed At Ref||3 Games||NA|
|4/9/2016||Coach||98 Boys||TSA||Language||3+1=4 Games||NA|
|4/5/2016||Parent – Raul||TM Barcelona 00||Ft. Lowell||Language||3+1=4 Games||NA|
|3/19/2016||Coach||Blue Angels||Freedom||Language||3+1=4 Games||NA|
|3/19/2016||4636943||Blue Angels||Freedom||Violent Conduct||3 Games||NA|
|4/2/2016||4801714||99B Gold||CDO||Serious Foul Play||1 Game||NA|
|3/26/2016||4718546||00B Gold||CDO||Dissent Directed at Referee||1 Game||Fulfilled|
|3/26/2016||4852920||00 Boys Blue||TSA||Language directed at referee||3 Game||NA|
|3/26/2016||5474142||01/00 Boys Blue||TSA||Second Yellow||1 Game||Fulfilled|
|3/19/2016||5539227||99 Gunners||Ft Lowell||Dbl Yellow||1 Game||NA|
|3/19/2016||6294684||SASC Argentina||SASC||Dissent Directed at Ref||1 Game||NA|
|3/19/2016||5703288||00 White||Sereno Tucson||Dbl Yellow||1 Game||Fulfilled|
|3/19/2016||4059301||00 White||Sereno Tucson||Dbl Yellow||1 Game||Fulfilled|
|3/19/2016||1170719 Coach||00 White||Sereno Tucson||Dissent||2 (1+1) Games||Fulfilled|
|3/12/2016||5128963||Sierra Vista / Wilcox||SVSC||Second Yellow, Dissent Directed at Referee||2 (1+1) Games||NA|
|3/12/2016||147991||Sereno Nogales||Sereno SC, Nogales||Dissent Directed at Referee||4 (3+1) Games||NA|
|2/20/2016||5526870||TVSC 05 Boys RM||TVSC||Violent Conduct||3 Games||Fulfilled|
|1/30/2016||4733112||CDO U14||CDO||Serious Foul Play||1 Game||Fulfilled|
|1/30/2016||6866293||FREEDOM SC ELITE||Freedom||second yellow||1+1 (2) Games||Fulfilled|
|1/23/2016||NA||TSA 06 Boys Garelick Bacelona (AZ)||TSA||Second Yellow – Dissent directed at Ref||3+1 (4) Games||Fulfilled|
|11/21/2015||NA||TVSC – 99||TVSC||NA||NA||Card Returned|
|11/21/2015||6686932||Fort Lowell TM 02 Rayados Arizona White||FLSC||Second Yellow||1 Game||Card Returned|
|10/31/2015||5467191||TSA 01/00 Boys Blue||TSA||double yellow with dissent||1+1 (2) Games||Card Returned|
|10/31/2015||4912939||Freedom SC Santos||Freedom||Second Yellow||1 Game||Card Returned|
|10/31/2015||Unknown/Manager||TVSC 04 Boys Red||TVSC||Second Yellow<||3+1 (4) Games||Card Returned|
|10/31/2015||5473580||TSA 04 Boys Red||TSA||Second Yellow||1 Game||Card Returned|
|10/10/2015||990416/Admin||SVSC||SVSC||Dissent Directed at Ref||1+1 Game||Card Returned|
|10/10/2015||982858/Admin||TSA||TSA||Dissent Directed at Ref||1+1 Game||Card Returned|
|10/10/2015||6634572||Southwest SC 99/00||SWSC||Violent Conduct||3 Games||Card Returned|
|10/10/2015||7950411||Southwest SC 99/00||SWSC||Violent Conduct||3 Games||Card Returned|
|10/10/2015||4795926||FC Sonora, The Force||FC Sonora||Language||1+1 Games||Card Returned|
|10/10/2015||Admin||Sereno 06Serenounion||Sereno SC, Nogales||Improper Cards||5 Games||Card Returned|
|10/3/2015||NA||Southern Arizona FC Synergy||Southern AZ SC||Language||3+1 Games||Card Returned|
|10/3/2015||5856202||TSA 02/03 White||Southern AZ SCTSA||Second Yellow||1 Game||Card Returned|
|10/3/2015||NA||TVSC 01 Boys White||TVSC||Language||2 Games||Card Returned|
|9/26/2015||5473673||Tucson Aztecs – 02Red||Tucson Aztecs||Second Yellow||1 Game||Card Returned|
|9/19/2015||4902754||Vail SC Shakhtar||Vail SC||Violent Conduct||First Half of Season||Card Returned|
|9/19/2015||5485106||Southern Arizona SC Thunderbirds||SASC||Serious Foul Play||1 Game||Card Returned|
|9/19/2015||57207230||Sereno Nogales||Sereno SC, Nogales||Serious Foul Play||3 Games||Card Returned|
|SFP||Serious Foul Play|
|DOGSO-H||Denies Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity by Handling the ball|
|DOGSO-F||Denies Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity by Fouling|
|S||Spits at anyone|
|L||Language – uses offensive, insulting language|
|DY||Double Yellow – receives 2nd caution in same game|
PCJSL Discipline and Review Committee (D & R)
Duties and Powers
The D & R Committee shall have the following powers and duties:A. To conduct investigations of all grievances and protests coming to the League.B. To conduct hearings of all protests and grievances and to take evidence at such hearings.C. To render and enforce decisions on all protests and grievances which have been investigated and heard by the Committee subject to these Bylaws and such rules and regulations as may from time to time be promulgated by the Board of Directors of the League.
D. The Chairman of the Committee may remand any D&R protest or grievance to a full hearing by PCJSL board of Directors as deemed necessary.
D & R Procedures
1. The D & R Committee meets as needed. Red cards (Referee Misconduct Reports) are received by the committee chairperson who determines a suspension based on the “Standard Red Card Suspensions” as recommended by the State D&R. Issues other than the standard as listed are referred to a minimum of three members of the committee for adjudication. Coaches/players/witnesses may submit information to the committee immediately after the incident leading to the red card to help the committee make a fair decision. If no other information is received the committee will read the referee report, interview the referee if further explanation is needed, and make their decision. Decisions will be posted on the D&R Section of the PCJSL web site.
2. Be advised any red card automatically results in a minimum of a one game suspension. If the eviction was of a coach, administrator, or parent, the minimum is a two game suspension. The issue of the eviction is not appealable, unless the basis is that the eviction was of the wrong person.
3. The team/club is responsible to insure the person evicted does not participate in the proper number of games pursuant to the listed punishment, and a “Suspension Fulfillment Form” is provided to the D&R Committee upon completion. At that time the player card will be returned to the club/team.
4. If a team is scheduled to go to a tournament, the red card suspension will be served in the tournament, the team may make arrangements to receive the player card prior to the suspension being served, with the understanding that the “Suspension Fulfillment Form” showing the player sat out the proper number of games of his/her punishment be returned to the D&R chairperson within 48 hours after the tournament ends.
5. Be advised tournaments are not under the jurisdiction of the PCJSL D&R Committee, so cards received during a tournament are dealt with by the individual tournament.
6. The D & R Committee, individually and as a committee, in their ordinary review of issues brought before them, may uncover violations of league (PCJSL, AYSA, USYSA) rules. Once before them, they cannot be ignored, and will be acted upon.
7. Depending on the severity of the offense, any coach or team official, involved with more than one team, who is suspended, may be suspended from any and all teams with which the individual is involved(has an AYSA card for), until the suspension is served for the team from which the suspension resulted. The offenses may include, but are not limited to, violent conduct, referee assault, and multiple violations in the same season, et al.
8. In all cases whereby teams were found to have played “illegal” or “ineligible” players, and in cases of violations of the PCJSL loan player policy, besides the standard “red card” suspensions, a 3/0 forfeit will be awarded. At the total expense of the offending party, and with the agreement of the opponent, the game may be replayed in its entirety, with that result becoming the official score.
9. In all situations not directly addressed by these rules, the “Committee” shall determine compliance and fairness to all parties involved.
All protests of grievances shall be submitted in writing to the Chairman of the Grievance Committee accompanied by a protest fee of $25.00. Such protests shall be postmarked no later than ten (10) days after the action or game being protested occurred and shall be sent by first class mail, postage prepaid. In computing the time for submitting such protest or grievance, the date upon which the action or game occurred shall not be counted.
Any person, club, team or other member of the League who has been the subject of a disciplinary proceeding may appeal any decision of the D & R Committee. Any person desiring to appeal to the Board of Directors shall do so by written notice to the President of the Board and the chairman of the committee within fifteen (15) days after receipt of the decision of the Committee. A copy of such notice shall also be served upon the Chairman of the Committee. Upon receipt of the notice of appeal, the Chairman of the Committee shall forward to the President of the League the record of the proceedings out of which the appeal arose, together with all other evidence presented to the Committee in the case being appealed. Any further appeals of the case beyond the Board of Directors of the League shall by following the procedures as set forth by AYSA and in accordance with the rules and regulations provided by AYSA and its governing bodies. The procedure to be followed for appealing beyond the Board of Directors of the League shall be those promulgated by the applicable association to which such appeal is being taken.
1. The Role of Parents in Sports — excellent, brief, free online seminar: http://nfhslearn.com/electiveDetail.aspx?courseID=18000
2. Online course about how to be a better sports parent: http://www.positivecoach.org/our-work/online-courses/
Watch video here: http://www.positivecoach.org/our-work/online-courses/second-goal-parent-developing-winners-in-life-through-sport/
3. Five Signs of a Nightmare Sports Parent: http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/more-family-fun/201202/what-makes-nightmare-sports-parent
4. What Parents Should Say as Their Kids Perform: http://growingleaders.com/blog/what-parents-should-say-as-their-kids-perform/
5. 10 Things Soccer Parents Should Know
Wall Street Journal
May 25, 2012
6. Arizona Youth Soccer Association bylaw on behavior:
“Coaches and other team officials shall be subject to all rules pertaining to misconduct contained herein, including cautions, ejections and standard suspensions. Any other individual who may be reasonably construed as being associated with a team, such as relatives and spectators, shall also be subject to the jurisdiction and authority of the Association. Any coach or team official shall be held responsible for the actions of any individual(s) at any match that, in the opinion of the referee, is a supporter of that team.”
7. PCJSL follows AYSA Red Card Procedures when suspending players and Administrators. (link here, AYSA Red Card Procedures, page 44.).