PCJSL Coaches and Team Managers,
PCJSL is not a partisan political organization and we recognize that Governor Ducey has removed mask and other certain COVID mandates, but we, and your clubs, are subject to City of Tucson and Pima County rules and regulations. As of today, both the City of Tucson and Pima County continue to require enforcement of certain mask and COVID rules. It is not the responsibility of the referees to enforce compliance of COVID rules. Coaches, please remind your teams, players, parents and other spectators of the following City of Tucson and Pima County rules. We are all in this together and hope that our combined efforts prevents the City of Tucson and Pima County from cancelling all of our access to the fields due to any violations.
Please abide by the following:
• Initial spectator limit of 50 individuals per outdoor field;
• Required face coverings by coaches, officials and spectators, and wearing of masks by players when not involved in active play;
• Limiting seating to non-bleacher areas where spectators can keep six (6) feet spacing between separate parties;
• Please remind teams to attempt a quick exit after the game to keep the field under the 50 limit.
As a further, non COVID reminder, please abide by the following at your PCJSL games
• Seating Arrangements – While abiding by the 50 person field limit, Teams and Spectators should sit on the same side of the field. Home Teams and fans on the East or North, Away Teams and fans on the West or South. With this configuration, Teams should be behind the Assistant Referee (AR) for that side of the field. Spectators should not be behind the AR.
• Video Recording Games – Teams that wish to make a video recording of a game should ensure that the video recording device is placed somewhere on their side of the field.
• Game Sheets – Every coach is required to bring two printed game sheets to the match as stated in PCJSL’s Administrative Handbook – one copy for the referee and one copy for the opposing coach. Both copies should be identical – i.e., any handwritten players should be listed on both.
As always, feel free to reach out to any PCJSL Board member, contact info at http://pcjsl.com/board-of-directors/ or your Club President with any questions, concerns, or feedback.
PCJSL Board and PCJSL Member Club Presidents